IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Sergeant POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
- 1.) Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- 2.) Must be 21 years of age, in good physical and mental condition, and with good, moral character.
- 3.) Must be a citizen of the United States.
- 4.) Possess or be capable of obtaining a valid State issued Driver’s License.
- 5.) Must display the ability to relate to the citizens, fellow workers, supervisors, and leaders of the community.
- 6.) Must be able to exercise sound and reasonable judgment in everyday working decision-making.
- 7.) Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- 8.) Applicant will have an extensive background investigation, to include truth verification tests, psychological exam, and upon offer of employment, medical exam.
- 9.) Applicant must meet any other minimal standards for police officer as set out in 13 AAC 85.010.
- 10.) Complete testing/assessment components as required.
- 11.) Applicant that has a Basic Police Officer Certificate or higher from the Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC), or for out-of-state applicants who qualify for APSC wavier and reciprocity, will be considered at a higher rate of pay.
- 1.) Enforcement of all City ordinances, State codes, laws and statutes, and applicable Federal laws.
- 2.) Safeguard lives and property of the citizens of the City of Kotzebue.
- 3.) The observance and identification of suspicious and/or dangerous persons.
- 4.) The timely completion of reports and/or service requests.
- 5.) The maintenance and care of all equipment issued to or used by department personnel.
- 6.) Perform and/or assume other job or work related duties as assigned.
HOURLY RATE: $26.96/hr. + D.O.E. REGULAR/FULL-TIME POSITION
OPENING DATE: July 9, 2015 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Interested persons must submit a Resume, City of Kotzebue Application, APSC Form 3 (F-3) that includes copy of birth certificate, two forms of ID – one with picture, high school transcripts, and two sets of employment fingerprint cards to:
City of Kotzebue, PO Box 46, Kotzebue, Alaska 99752
Additional questions? Contact Lieutenant Joe Linger at firstname.lastname@example.org (907) 442-3539 ext. 21.
THE CITY OF KOTZEBUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER